cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a twin pack of 2 existing products and assigning inventory

SOLVED

Creating a twin pack of 2 existing products and assigning inventory

Hello,

I have not been able to find an answer to this question elsewhere.

I have entered products with thier inventory - all as simple.

I want to now creat a twin pack of a product (iw 2 units of an existing product), but how do I do that so it will keep the inventory correct.

I assume as a grouped or budled product, but cannot see how this should be configured.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creating a twin pack of 2 existing products and assigning inventory

Hi James,

You can use quantity increments to set up package pricing as a "twin pack," a "six pack," and so on. Here's a link to the topic in the user guide:

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#catalog/produc...

Hope this helps!

Claire

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi James,

You can use quantity increments to set up package pricing as a "twin pack," a "six pack," and so on. Here's a link to the topic in the user guide:

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#catalog/produc...

Hope this helps!

Claire

But do you expect a user then to select qty = 6? 

He is ordering 1 (pack of 6(: so the customer would enter qty = 1

I think what the user needs is some kind of bundle where a default bundle quantity is set. Just like on the market where you would say: 1 bundle of ..... (bananas, flowers, herbs etc) ... and you dont pay per piece, but for the bundle. Or maybe a better example is a 6-pack of beers: they consist of 6 simple products Smiley Wink of 1 brand and type. So stock should be deducted per 6 pieces when the customer orders 1 sixpack (and you dont go to the checkout where the cassiere asks: how many do you have in the pack sir? Sorry they only come in increments of 6 .... )