cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing product image thumbnails to display larger image on mouseover instead of click

Changing product image thumbnails to display larger image on mouseover instead of click

I'm glad the forum is back again. I was about to pull my hair out with the StackExchange forum..this is so much better.

When a user goes to the product page for a particular product, the user must click on the product thumbnails in order for the larger image to appear. How can I modify the larger images to appear when moving the cursor over the thumbnail images?

I'm using Magento 1.9.1 RWD theme.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Changing product image thumbnails to display larger image on mouseover instead of click

Hi,

As I know, there are 2 ways to help you with this:

- Use CSS3 to enable large image on hover: Look at the example I make: http://jsfiddle.net/DqCcP/24/

- Easier way: try some Magento product image zoom extension that can be found on MagentoConnect

Re: Changing product image thumbnails to display larger image on mouseover instead of click

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the CSS way would be nice but then there is also mobile devices and how they handle it.

I'll look for an extension.