cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configurable swatches / products

Configurable swatches / products

Hi all, not sure if anyone used the configurable swatches but if you have 3 sizes e.g. M L S and 3 colours, Black, Red, Blue you have to create 10 products (9 colour and sizes and one for the configurable product itself)

This is very hard to manage and I've not come across any other method to keep a track of the inventory and also list the products in configurable way.

If anyone has any experience in this area please share...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Configurable swatches / products

Creating all the associations with all the variations of simple products might be difficult. Not such a huge challenge when you have 3 sizes and 3 colors and you have to create 9 unique simple products, but when you have let's say 10 colors, 5 sizes and 3 options of material, then creating almost 150 simple products manually definitely will be tedious.

If you are interested in the solution that allows to generate these combinations - the application called Store Manager for Magento does the task.

Here is tutorial with video - https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-create-all-combinations-of-simple-products...

The application itself is paid, but you can download tree version from the link in my signature and perform the task costless.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Sorry, but it's a bad covered ads.

@cobred

I have offered alternative solution only because Intelligenc3 was asking about other way to quick create configurable products, since with default Magento this might be challenging.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.