cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coupon for discounts on products with Custom Options set

Coupon for discounts on products with Custom Options set

Hi,

I've been looking for a couple of days but I haven't been able to find a solution. Can anyone tell me whether this is possible? Here's an example, with each value and their SKU:

Product A - SKU-PROD-A

Option 1 - OP1

Option 2 - OP2

I have set up a product (Product A, $100) and that product has custom options which can be applied before adding it to your cart (Option 1, $5 - Option 2, $20)

I want to be able to add a coupon which will allow to add the extra options for free - i.e. Product A with custom options, $125, Product A with custom options AND coupon applied, $100.

I thought I could add a coupon based on SKU that would offer $25 discount, and I set the Coupon to only apply to SKU's that match SKU-PROD-A-OP1-OP2, but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Coupon for discounts on products with Custom Options set

Hello.

Generally you can apply Magento shopping cart price rule to certain SKUs, but these are products SKUs, not custom options SKUs that are different. Also it is possible to make some of attributes to be used in promotion rules, but again custom options are not attrubutes.

So there is no way to do it out-of-the box in Magento, you are ok to add some lines of code. If yes, the following tutorials might be useful -
http://inchoo.net/magento/magento-shopping-cart-promotion-rule-for-product-with-custom-options/

http://www.madcapsule.com/blog/magento-adding-coupone-code-to-product-c

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Generally you can apply Magento shopping cart price rule to certain SKUs, but these are products SKUs, not custom options SKUs that are different. Also it is possible to make some of attributes to be used in promotion rules, but again custom options are not attrubutes.

So there is no way to do it out-of-the box in Magento, unless you ok with adding/modifying some lines of code.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm reasonably happy to modify code - I was just hoping there was something built in that I could leverage instead Smiley Happy

Does anyone happen to know of any alternative ways of achieving what I'm trying to achieve?

Hi, 

As you already know this by default Magento applies discount on the final price of the cart. To be able to apply discounts on custom options you need your custom options to be attributes but by default, they are not. So as of now, it is not possible to achieve this without adding extra code.

However, if you'd like there's a neat extension by Scommerce Mage that will enable you to provide specific discounts on custom options. It actually allows you to select custom options using either its title or SKU. So in your case you will be able to create custom options for Product A as follows:-

Product A - SKU-PROD-A

Option 1 - OP1(title)- Optn1(sku)

Option 2 - OP2(title)- Optn2(sku)

You can specifically apply discount on one or both of these custom options by selecting them using their title or the SKU and create discount rules accordingly. 

Hence, you will be able to create unlimited number of custom options and provide discounts as per your requirements. In fact, they also provide a free demo on their store so you check it out for yourself. I have found it to be an easy and efficient solution for this problem. Below is link if you want to give it a shot:- 

Magento 2 Custom Options Discount