cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Code the reduces product price vs Discount

Promotion Code the reduces product price vs Discount

We are looking to find an extension that applies the "discount" to the actual product price vs applying a dollar amount discount to the cart.

In our integration with ERP we have to pass the Product Price, Qty, Promo Code, and Grand Total.

example:

Product Price $100

Qty 5

Promo Code ( XYZ123 - giving $10 off Product)

Grand Total =$450

Our ERP needs Product Price but we never disount the Product the promotion only applies a credit. I need the Product price to be reduced to $90 x 5 to the math works out when we settle with CC#

Thoughts and does this make sense?

Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Promotion Code the reduces product price vs Discount

@WebmasterAMSI

If its just about discount amount than that possible through Magento promotion rules. (Promotions >> Shopping cart price rules).

Create new rules and define your coupons code. Now over Action tab do setting as below.

Apply - Fixed amount discount

Disocunt amout - 10 (rate of your discount)

Also you can define maximun allow qty for disocunt.

Hope this helos you, good luck Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

I have that part setup correctly. 

The issue is what is being passed in the JSON to our ERP.

THe Product Price is never changed, it stays $100 with the Discount line being $10 off applied. 

What I am wanting is the Product Price to be reduced to $90 

The Grand total is correct both ways, it is just the individual pieces are not being updated. 

Essentially forcing us to do ... additional "Math" after the order is taken to pass along correct info. I am hoping to avoid this if possible.

@WebmasterAMSI

Okay so bascially probem is into perameter which you pass to ERP, I beieve it do not calculate correct amount for discount as per rules you've made. Is there custom code to pass perameters to ERP ?

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.