cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

Hi,

I am new to magento and exploring its features before I build my own ecommerce platform.

My current setup - 

1) Windows 7 local host

2) WAMP SERVER (64 Bit & PHP 5.5) 2.5

3) Magento community edition - ver 1.9.1.1

4) Sample dataver 1.9.1.0

The challenge I am facing - 

1) Able to login to admin portal without any concern. 

However any operations e.g. catalog update runs into performance issue. The actions does not take place if I try to do any activity by doing a "Select All" , the operations are happening if I try to do any operation at individual entry level.

Need you advice on how to fine tune to improve the performance and resolve the above issues.

Regards

Siddartha Prasad 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Local host - Magento admin pages performance issue

I think you meet the problem with RAM. How 's your PC free RAM?

Thanks a ton for your reply.

That might be a possible reason as my Memory usage is showing 70-80% when i launch Mangento admin. 

I will try to go through the links provided by you and see if helps and revert accordingly.

Regards

Sidd

Hi,

I went through the links (thanks for sharing them). However I am not at a stage where I want a hosting solution as I am only exploring Magento right now.

Let me know if you have any suggestions on optimising local host Magento solution.

Regards

How much RAM do you have? A local Windows environment is not the most optimal place to host a Magento store so you may face such issues especially if your computer does not have enough resources to run it.