cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted database after installing magento..please help.

Deleted database after installing magento..please help.

I installed Magento and  then remember that I had no idea what I was doing and went to google.  There I found out that it would be easier for me to start with the sample data...only the sample data has to be installed before magento.  So... I deleted my database......don’t ask...I don’t know why...but it seemed like a good way to start over at the time.  I made a new database...and imported my sample data folder.  I have magento already downloaded so I just moved my sample data catalog file into the magento media folder.  I went to my site to do the install wizard, but I just got an error.  "Error log record number: 745211189166"

Please help me start over or fix it or something..anyone.. Thank you.

I'm using Cpanel and windows 8.1 if that matters.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Deleted database after installing magento..please help.

Hi @smehandmade,

For your error. You need to see the report which are generated. The report are generated into this folder. Magento Root->var->Report->745211189166

You need to open "745211189166" this file in which you get exact error. Try to solve that error.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Deleted database after installing magento..please help.

If Magento is already installed, you need to remove all the files and start all over again instead of just removing the database.