cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Installing Security Patches

SOLVED

Re: Error Installing Security Patches

I have this problem too! I have patched all of the files and if I check on the website https://shoplift.byte.nl it is telling me I'm still vulnerable!

What' is the story with that? I have applied the patch, am I vulnerable or not? I have already removed the notifications form the backend admin!

Thanks.

Hi! Please help!

Have next problem while SSH patch installation.

"Some required system tools, that are utilized in this sh script, are not installed.

Tool "patch" is missed, please install it."

you need to install patch first:

yum install patch 

@sashas7777 - great work, many thanks for your help. It works for me.

I'm trying to install the same patch as well, but it looks like the file that I downloaded has windows markers on each line:

^M

So the script isn't running, and I really don't want to have to go through the entire file and strip them out.....

suggestions?

Check out my post before there was git commit with changes in all files except Http.php because I added it later

Not following you.

Can somebody please explain this further?  What does he mean by downloading the patch and running it from your main Magento folder.  I am getting the same error in PuTTY, "ERROR: "/root/app/etc/" must exist for proper tool work."

@Cipriano wrote:

Using PuTTY with root access I keep getting this error:
"ERROR: "/root/app/etc/" must exist for proper tool work"

The directory app/etc exists in my magento installation so is there anything within this folder that might be missing?

Hi Anthony,

It seems like you're running the patch from your homedirectory ("/root/"), and not from the folder where your Magento is installed. Try downloading the patch and running it from your main Magento folder, and it should install.

Error Installing Security Patches SUPEE 5344 using version 1.7

Hi there, I'm new to this and I tried to download the 1.7 version, but failed to install. The output is as follows, anyt one can help me please??

# sh PATCH_SUPEE-5345_CE_1.7.0.2_v1-2015-02-10-08-11-22.sh
Checking if patch can be applied/reverted successfully...
ERROR: Patch can't be applied/reverted successfully.

patching file app/code/core/Mage/Admin/Model/Observer.php
patching file app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Request/Http.php
patching file app/code/core/Mage/Oauth/controllers/Adminhtml/Oauth/AuthorizeController.php
patching file lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 2672.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file lib/Varien/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Mysql.php.rej

My host said that it looks like the patch doesn't want to update the files and they have checked the permissions of the files and everything looks in order.

Any one know why this is happening??

I'm getting this critical message from magento but not sure how to get help!

Any advise would be great. thank you.

Sheena

Hi cmeyer24,

"Main Magento folder" - is the folder where index.php file and all other Magento files and folders are located. If you see these folders: http://screencast.com/t/rFp7V3C8Yt1 then the folder containing them is the one you're looking for and the patch files should be copied into it and executed from it.

-------Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - enhances the functionality of default admin web interface, speeds up inventory management, automates daily tasks.