cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after installing "Delete Orders"

Error after installing "Delete Orders"

Just installed "Delete Orders" from  VnEcoms and now I get error when goint to backend. Frontend working fine.

The error I get is: 

There has been an error processing your request
Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1020951334622

When looking at my error log from Apache it say: 

"client denied by server configuration /home/mysite/html/app/etc/local.xml"

Before installing the extension I made a full backup.

Tried to restore using the "xxxxx_snapshot_systembackup.tgz", but still I have this error... :-(

Any ideas ? ? ?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error after installing "Delete Orders"

1. When looking at my error log from Apache it say: "client denied by server configuration /home/mysite/html/app/etc/local.xml"

This is normal, it's telling you that your permissions and .htaccess are working properly to keep your website from being hacked. Being able to access app/etc/local.xml from a web browser exposes your database credentials and encryption key, not something you really want. So it had darn well be "client denied by server configuration"

2.  There has been an error processing your request. Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: 1020951334622

Where your real issue may be found, this number (1020951334622) is the name of a file that you will find in the var/report/ directory. Use your sftp client to open it or download it and post the stack trace contained in it here so we can begin to help you.

The usual cause of website collapse after installing a module is that you didn't disable both the Magento cache and the compiler before installing. Your admin backend in this case is trying to load a mishmash of combined code and crashing.

Well. I sorted this out by deleting the cache on the serverm but after installing another module, I get the same error and this time it do not help deleting the cache. The error log say:

=== CUT ===

a:5:{i:0;s:61:"Mage registry key "_singleton/mpinfo/observer" already exists";i:1;s:1218:"#0 /home/import2/html/app/Mage.php(223): Mage::throwException('Mage registry k...')
#1 /home/import2/html/app/Mage.php(477): Mage::register('_singleton/mpin...', false)
#2 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(21721): Mage::getSingleton('mpinfo/observer')
#3 /home/import2/html/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#4 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(14124): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array)
#5 /home/import2/html/includes/src/Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch()
#6 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(14004): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch()
#7 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(18432): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('login')
#8 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(17962): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http))
#9 /home/import2/html/includes/src/__default.php(20759): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch()
#10 /home/import2/html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#11 /home/import2/html/index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#12 {main}";s:3:"url";s:6:"/admin";s:11:"script_name";s:10:"/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:5:"admin";}

=== CUT ===

What is the Mage registry key. Apparently this is the error.

This is the point where you get in contact with the module developer.

What is happening is that a setting gets saved to the Magento registry memory structure, something fails and Magento finds that it already exists and baulks with the "Mage registry key "(SomeDevloper/SomeModule/something)" already exists" error.

Often it may be a coding error.

Where is Registry?