cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Not recognizing url

Problem Installing Not recognizing url

I am trying to install magento and keep getting this message.

The URL "http://duwhq.com/store/" is invalid.

Response from server isn't valid.

The URL is correct so I don't know what to do.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Problem Installing Not recognizing url

This seem like a server related issue and not Magento related. 

Yes I had same problem this morning. A friend suggested that its because - the site URL verification was trying to use a loop-back connection to verify if it's correct. As they block these on shared hosting it caused Magento to think the URL wasn't correct. 

My friend had same issue and was resolved by the hosting company. I have reported mine too and hope to get it resolved soon.

@SSAchall wrote:

Yes I had same problem this morning. A friend suggested that its because - the site URL verification was trying to use a loop-back connection to verify if it's correct. As they block these on shared hosting it caused Magento to think the URL wasn't correct. 

My friend had same issue and was resolved by the hosting company. I have reported mine too and hope to get it resolved soon.

Thanks for chiming in! I know that this is not the default behavior for all shared hosting services but some providers may have issues like this and users will need to contact them to get it resolved. 

@KevinKimers, can you try contacting your hosting provider to see if you face the same issue as @SSAchall