cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changed homepage home page url and now i cant see the header

changed homepage home page url and now i cant see the header

Hi. Im new to Magento. I'm trying to change my homepage url. It use to load up fine as www.globalpaintballsupply.com but now for some reason it only loads as  http://globalpaintballsupply.com/index.php/index/?___store=english 

How can i get it back to normal? I want the second link shown to be what i see on the first link i provided@ www.globalpaintballsupply.com

someone please help. I'm lost. Trying to get back on track! 

IM USING Magento ver. 1.9.1.0 with a skin i bought.

Thanks,

Armando

2 REPLIES 2

Re: changed homepage home page url and now i cant see the header

What changes did you perform before the issue happenned? 

Have you tried rolling back the changes that you did? 

Re: changed homepage home page url and now i cant see the header

Because you changed the URL key of the home page, you need to reassign the CMS page that is used as the home page. Right now, your system is probaby thinks that the "Page Not Found" page is your home page.  This should fix it:

1. On the Admin menu, select System > Configure. Then under General, select Web.  

2. Click to expand the Default Pages section. Then, set CMS Home Page to the correct page.  It's probably listed by the same name as before, but just needs to be reselected.

3. Click the Save Config button.

After a page has been published and indexed by search engines, you should always do a rewrite to change the URL Key, so you can keep all the existing links that point to the page. To learn how to rewrite the URL of a CMS page, see:  Creating URL Rewrites - Custom Rewrite in the user guide. 

I hope this helps!

Claire