cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode

SOLVED

privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode

I changed the URL key for the privacy statement to privacy-policy, but the system keeps redirecting me to the privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode.  

How do I fix this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode

Thanks for the help on this one, I believe that we have this one resolved.... it was related to the time zone setting on the server itself.

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Had you cleaned cache?

Did you canhed link in the menu?

Thanks

Yes I cleard the cache.  I even tried another browser which led me to the issue with IE. 

Is the redirect occuring when you click the footer link or when you visit the previous url?

Freelance Web Developer - Graphic Designer - SEO Analyst
Conor Rhys Tomkins

When I click the link at the bottom its sending me to the restriction mode page.....

You need to change link in the footer.

Try to open page with new link which you made in browser is it opens?

It looks like the footer is under "static pages" and it has some CMS code in it as well, so I'm not sure how to change this?

https://www.domainname.com/index.php/admin/cms_wysiwyg/directive/___directive/e3tzdG9yZSBkaXJlY3RfdX...

Hello,

Just as I expected - it is not a redirect issue you just need to update the link in the footer.

The static block under CMS will not be active by default, you will need to change the page.xml in your theme. Find a block named footer_links and either comment this out or remove them be creating a local.xml and add:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<layout version="0.1.0">
    <default>
        <reference name="footer">
            <remove name="footer_links"/>
            <remove name="footer_links2"/>
        </reference>
    </default>
</layout>

Now you can include your new CMS static blocks in your footer either by calling the block in your page.xml file - or creating a widget in your admin.

Hope this helps.

Conor Rhys Tomkins

You can create a widget using the previous made Footer static blocks. Just navigate too CMS -> Widgets, then add a new widget instance. Choose your theme and set type as static block. After that you will be able to choose the location in the template (Footer block) and choose all pages.

Remember if you have any sub themes such as seperate product templates you will need to add a new widget instances for these too.

Also remember to clear your cache afterwards. System -> Cache Management.

Hope this helps.

Conor Rhys Tomkins

Well until I get the browser issue fixed I can't take care of this, since now I can't get logged in from ANY BROWSER.

Is this product really this buggy?