cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode

SOLVED

Re: privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode

The later versions of Magento are actually quite stable.

To try and fix your login problem try clearing var/session folder. Also ensure that the permissions for your var/ folder are 777 recursive.

Freelance Web Developer - Graphic Designer - SEO Analyst
Conor Rhys Tomkins

Didn't make a bit of difference.

I have been screwing around with this for four days and we still can't get it to work.  I'm sorry but I'm so not impressed with Magento....

I had such high hopes for this package.

Hello,

This is just one of those issues which any open source platform could suffer from.

If you would like i can have a look at it for you, see if i can figure it out. Free of charge.

If you want me to have a look at it send me an email, my email address is on my website.

Conor Rhys Tomkins

I think I may have found the issue, it looks like it could be a timezone issue.  I'll let you know for sure tomorrow, I'm too tired at this point to screw with it, and screw it up further Smiley Wink

Ah,

Now you mention that yeah - I've seen that cause the same issue before. Its because if your local computer time & the server time mismatch it causes the cookie to instantly invalidate.

As i said in my previous post, one of those little annoying issues that could happen on any open source platform.

Conor Rhys Tomkins

I did not notice until last night when I did a date display

[DATE] it gave me March 28, 2015 and a time of 23:09 but the time reflected UTC, which means that the time was way off. 

I fixed that by copying the appropriate zoneinfo to /etc/localtime, reset the clock and moved on.....

Completely my fault, and as much as I want to blame Magento, I can't.

I'm not sure I'm following you on the footer_links issue.

Which section are you up too?

Conor Rhys Tomkins

Hope this helps.

http://www.conortomkins.co.uk/magento-basics-change-default-footer-links

Conor Rhys Tomkins

Hi  there --  Sorry to hear that you're having such a frustrating time with this.  Although there are other solutions offered in this thread, this one doesn't require a code change.

If you change the URL key of a CMS page, you also need to set up a URL rewrite to reroute any requests for the previous URL. Here's a link that explains how:

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#search_seo/seo...

Use these settings:

ID Path:              privacy-policy
Request Path:   privacy-policy-cookie-restriction-mode
Target Path:      privacy-policy
Redirect:            Permanent (301)

Then, go to Cache Management and update the invalid caches.

http://merch.docs.magento.com/ce/user_guide/Magento_Community_Edition_User_Guide.html#system-operati...

This is actually a really good example of a custom rewrite, and I'll make a note to include it in the next user guide update.

I hope this helps!

Claire