cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does the order panel from backend not load after disabling a module (Magento 1.9)?

Why does the order panel from backend not load after disabling a module (Magento 1.9)?

Yesterday I disabled a Sequra module from Magento. I followed these steps to achieve it: 1. Disable two sequra modules in Configuration > System > Advanced. 2. Next step was overwrite the 2 config.xml in app/code/etc/modules/. (The module is under the community folder) 3. I selected all items on cache management and clicked disabled and submit, after, I clicked Flush Magento Cache, log out & in.

After doing the mentioned steps, the effects on front end from this module continued running. I did not click the flush magento storage because there is a problem in the server with the media cache and I don't know if "flush magento storage" has any effect in /media folder.

So an issued has been notificated by the client: "The panel sales > order is absolutely empty"

I solved that reverting the procces of disabling module, enabling it again and the issue was solved.

So, I would like to know what I can do to disable this module without losing this panel.

If you know how to help me I need an answer for the following questions:

1. ¿Flush cache storage has effects on media/.../cache/ folder?
  2. Which steps should I follow to find why this dissappears: sales > order
  3. I have thought that if this is inherited code from the last programmer maybe he could have commented some line in core or something and for this reason possibly the panel doesn't show anything as maybe it's the module that loads it.

*file of errors has not report any fatal error.

*I would very much appreciate a long answer.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why does the order panel from backend not load after disabling a module (Magento 1.9)?

You need to do confirm this things.

1. Does that extension code put into another extension layout file for make it compitible.

Becuase of this things, when you disable that extension, it blank your order screen.

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!