cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Configurable Product Issue

Import Configurable Product Issue

Hi,

I can import a CSV file with simple & configurable products which works with the exception of one thing. In the configurable products Associated Products tab, the "Use default" check box is ticked for each attribute. This prevents the product from being included in the layered navigation. If I uncheck the boxes the product is included in the layered navigation.

When I created a configurable product manually using Quick Create, these check boxes are unchecked. If I export this manually created product, the has_options value = 1 and the required_options value = 1.

Therefore I set these values to 1 in the import CSV, however, and the check boxes are checked. If I export the imported product, has_options value = 0 and the required_options value = 0.

The only difference I can think of is that with the manually created config. product the parent is created first and the children next. With the import the order is reversed.

I would be grateful for any useful feedback!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Import Configurable Product Issue

Ignore the above. The configurable product will appear in the layered navigation if the product is just saved from the Admin Panel - so nothing to do with the "Use default" flags.

I've seen other posts along this line, but alas no solution yet.