cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Store Pickup

In Store Pickup

Is there any way to setup an "In Store Pickup" option in the shipping methods? I would like to offer my customers a free/$0 option when selecting their shipping method called "In Store Pickup." 

Note: I also need tax to still be calculated when they choose the In Store Pickup option (the tax is normally calculated based on the customer's inputted Shipping Address, but in this case that Shipping Address should be auto-populated with my brick and mortar store's address aka where they will be picking up from so that the proper tax rate is applied to the order).

Note: I only have one brick and mortar store / physical address where customers will be able to pickup from.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: In Store Pickup

I think you can use "Flat Rate" shipping option for this purpose.

Just change the price to for this option to "0" and set title to be "Store Pickup" and it will appear on frontend.

As for the taxes, that should be configured in Stores -> Taxes.

@kostritsaalex wrote:

I think you can use "Flat Rate" shipping option for this purpose.

Just change the price to for this option to "0" and set title to be "Store Pickup" and it will appear on frontend.

As for the taxes, that should be configured in Stores -> Taxes.

I tried using the Flat Rate shipping option but it still lets my customer enter in a "shipping address" during checkout which Magento turns around and uses to calculate the tax rate. I need the shipping address to be my brick and mortar store's address so the tax rate is calculated correctly.

Is there a way to assign a tax rate to a specific shipping method? Currently my tax rates are assigned based on the zip code of the customer's shipping address.

hi @matt_nelsen 

1. In Store Pickup

Yes, there is one way to set up an "In Store Pickup" option in the shipping method:

- You have to enable free shipping (store / configuration / shipping method / free shipping)
- Use "Title" to show "In Store Pickup. and your Address" to users

2.Tax
You can change the way Magento calculated taxes (store / configuration / sales/ tax / caculation setting / tax caculation based on). But you would change it for all shipping methods.
Any ways, if a user is going to pick the order in store, the address should have the same taxe than your store.

3. Shipping address" during checkout
"Shipping address" during checkout is a native requirement for Magento, there isn´t any way to deleted.

I hope to help you

Hey @PacoAbellaT 

The free shipping solution works the same as the flat rate shipping solution @kostritsaalex mentioned. I'm still running into a tax problem using both of yalls solutions though.

My tax calculation setting is set to be based on Shipping Address. I have many customers that select "In Store Pickup" but when prompted to fill in the field for a Shipping Address during checkout, its always there because its a native requirement of Magento, they sometimes don't put my brick-and-mortar store address but instead put their own address.

When they put their own address in the Shipping Address field they still come pick up the product in person, but during the Magento checkout they are charged the wrong price because the tax calculated is wrong because they are using their address and not my store's brick-and-mortar address.

Can Magento do this?:

Is there an option to auto-populate the Shipping Address field based on whatever shipping method they pick? Example, they click my "In Store Pickup" flat/free shipping method I rigged, then on the next page the Shipping Address is auto-populated and filled with my brick-and-mortar address.

Or is there a way to calculate tax based on whatever shipping method is picked? Example, they click "In Store Pickup" and then Magento knows that the "In Store Pickup" method should always have a tax rate of 10% or whatever.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Hi,

I am having same problem.  If I choose Free Shipping method as a collection from store then customers complaining that why it is required to fill shipping information?

It should be vanish. I am struggling as well.

Please suggest me if you get solution?

Thank you

I as well am having this problem 4 years later. I need the "pick in store" option to automatically charge tax based on the store address, but when the user inputs their own address, it automatically calculates the "shipping address".

Any solution to this please?