cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why credit cards are not getting updated in Magento after deleting from SAP.?

why credit cards are not getting updated in Magento after deleting from SAP.?

Hi Team,

My Business Team has deleted the credit cards from the SAP for the customer, but in the application(front-end), I can see the deleted credit cards for the same customer.

For Ex: I have one customer in Magento. Earlier he has four credit cards in SAP. Now business team deleted the three credit cards from his account.

But in the Application, four credit cards are showing instead of one credit card.

Thanks and Regards

Mahesh D.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: why credit cards are not getting updated in Magento after deleting from SAP.?

Hi @mahesh_dasari1 

Without more details about the implementation it is difficult to answer your question.

It all depends on how are you connecting to SAP, which extension you are using.

If there is an API call from SAP to Magento to perform the card deletions.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: why credit cards are not getting updated in Magento after deleting from SAP.?

Hi Mukesh,

Thank you for your response.

I am new to Magento, could you please suggest me an example for API.?

@mahesh_dasari1 

It's not Magento. You need to know the basics first. Find out how the integration is setup first before looking into Magento or SAP. There must be someone in your team knowing this. What if there is no such functionality and your team may be doing it manually all the time. There can be many other things. Without proper details you won't get much help, I guess.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi Mahesh,

An Application Programming Interface (API) is a technology used to connect Magento to other software. In essence, you could think of it like a virtual USB port. It's a method of getting data in and out of the system. 

If your Magento website is already connected to your SAP instance, then there is some software, either custom or off-the-shelf, that is helping to connect these systems, most likely using Magento's API. Without some logic in-between them to determine how to translate customer, order, product, and other information between Magento and SAP, the API by itself is not particularly helpful. They don't natively connect. 

You can have a connect custom written by a developer, or you can use an existing connector. There are companies like @eBridgeConnects and @DCKAP that specialize in connecting and translating data between SAP and Magento installations.

Best of luck!