cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and captured funds

PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and captured funds

PayPal Payments Pro had been setup and working fine for over a year.  Then as of the 9th, it suddenly showed declined credit cards.  Shoppers tried again, got the same response.,  Would try another card, same note.  then when forced to go through PayPal Express, the same card worked perfectly.  In Magento all the previous attemps were shown as "cancelled" orders.  But PayPal actually captured and approved every single transaction and customers were charged multiple times.

The first incident happened right after PayPal Manager posted this notice:

Jun 4, 2015 Deprecation of selected Payflow URLs

I have confirmed that my hosting company (siteground) is using SHA-256, and PayPal was of no help at all.  They suggested I switch to Payflo Link which returned the same results via the modal window of "declined card".  The only way I can get Paypal to work with a credit card is to only use PayPal Express (which is not ideal as I would prefer for shoppers to not leave the site for approval).

I am at a loss as nothing had been changed in Magento, and while it is suspicious to me that the problem came after Paypal made changes, they say it is a problem with Magento. Any one have this problem?  My client wants to use PayPal as it was set up previously.
23 REPLIES 23

Re: PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and capture

Have you found a solution to this?

***I finally did speak to a paypal tech that seemed to know what he was talking about...he said he had started recieving a lot of call last week with this exact issue.

Re: PayPal PayfloLink Shows "declined credit card" even though PayPal approved and capture

Would you mind sharing the solution with me?  I am having the same exact issues. Thanks in advance

I have not found a solution yet and I'm hoping someone does and shares it!  PayPal twitter was showing a lot of the same problems with their UK customers.  My hosting company is in the UK but client and businesss is based is in the US.  If anyone has figured this out - please share! 

Any luck yet?

I did notice that you are using siteground for hosting...so are we. Do you think there could be something within the host that is causing this?

I'm also facing the same issue. Everything was working fine just few day ago, and then I started facing this issue suddenly. And another important thing is that I'm also using Siteground as my hosting providers.

Do anybody have luck in solving this issue?

We've had the exact same problem.  This is a really bad bug (regression).  

Please post updates if you get a solution.

Also folks, please flag all these spammers linking to advertisements.

Hello,

If you are still seeing problems, please file a ticket with our support team - https://www.paypal-techsupport.com/

2016 Merchant Security Roadmap Microsite

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&id=FAQ1913&expand=true&locale=en_US

Thank you ,

PayPal Support

Just tried to get setup with Paypal Advanced, got it configured however when paying with CC the front end reports declined and cancels the sale. However in the payflow log (tokens replaced with xxxx): [result] => Array ( [result] => 0 [securetoken] => xxxx [securetokenid] => xxxx [respmsg] => Approved [result_code] => 0 ) And on the paypal side the transaction has gone through. As far as I can tell Paypal Advanced is broken.

@braindead0 wrote:
Just tried to get setup with Paypal Advanced, got it configured however when paying with CC the front end reports declined and cancels the sale. However in the payflow log (tokens replaced with xxxx): [result] => Array ( [result] => 0 [securetoken] => xxxx [securetokenid] => xxxx [respmsg] => Approved [result_code] => 0 ) And on the paypal side the transaction has gone through. As far as I can tell Paypal Advanced is broken.

Does some one found any solution?

I am experiencing exactly same issue for "Paypal Payments Advanced" but Paypal express checkout is working fine. I am using sandbox accounts and integrating Paypal in Magento 1.9 CE.