cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipping charge not transferring to PayPal Express

Shipping charge not transferring to PayPal Express

Hey,

There has been about 3 or 4 instances where a customer checks out using PayPal Express and doesn't pay shipping. This  does not happen consistently, as most Express checkouts charge the appropriate shipping amounts. I am stumped as to how a customer here and there gets away without paying shipping.

I have it configured the system to pass the shipping parameters to PayPal when the customer selects that option. The payment methods don't show up until after the shipping method selection. I have hidden the paypal express option on the mini cart view, so as far as I can tell, no customers are getting to paypal until after they select their shipping charge.

I cannot replicate this issue. Any help on this?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Shipping charge not transferring to PayPal Express

There are a lot of configuration options for Express Checkout and where it shows up.

One place might be on the product page. This allows a customer to bypass the shopping cart page (and mini cart) and go right to PayPal and pay for the item. See if it's showing up there. Even in that case there is a way to pass shipping options.

Thanks,

Jon

Regards,
Jon Higby
PayPal Solutions Engineer

Re: Shipping charge not transferring to PayPal Express

Thanks for the reply. I did check a product page, but the option is not there. Any other ideas?