cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout (post code field check with javascript)

SOLVED

Checkout (post code field check with javascript)

Hi:

I am attempting to implement a dialogue box on the Magento Checkout page which checks the post code field as the user inputs a string. This is not for validation purposes, I simply need it do let the user know if their order will be alegible for free delivery based on the post-code that they enter. I require this to update per key-press.

I have attempted to embed my own javascript code into shipping.phtml but this is simply not being called.

I am an able programmer but have little experiance with Magento.

Many Thanks,

Adam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Checkout (post code field check with javascript)

Hi @Adam1987 

Depending if you are using a custome Checkout extension, this is standard Magento functionally if you are using a form of tablerate shipping, You can define what postcodes are eiligibel for free shipping from there.

There is a ton of guides how to set tablerates up, you should be able to google it fairly easily 

I hope this helps :-)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Adam1987 

Depending if you are using a custome Checkout extension, this is standard Magento functionally if you are using a form of tablerate shipping, You can define what postcodes are eiligibel for free shipping from there.

There is a ton of guides how to set tablerates up, you should be able to google it fairly easily 

I hope this helps :-)

Thanks for the pointer; after this I quickly sorted it. =)

You can add custom fields on checkout page by using FME Custom Checkout Fields Magento Extension, i guess dialog box is something that will have to be customized in this module as well, but it works very well.