cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an account option

Create an account option

Good Morning

Please can I ask for some advice.

Our Magento based web store has an option for customers to create their own accounts/logins.  I would like to remove this option from the login page as my company wants all logins to be created by myself.

Anybody know how this can be acheived using Magento?  

I can not type computer code so I need a resolution in laymans terms if you can help.

Many Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Create an account option

comment line number 74 to 78 in (If you just want to hide create account button still user can create account using http://yourmagento.com/index.php/customer/account/create/ url)

app\design\frontend\default\yourtheme\template\persistent\customer\form\login.phtml
<div class="col-1 new-users">
<div class="buttons-set">
<button type="button" title="<?php echo $this->__('Create an Account') ?>" class="button" onclick="window.location='<?php echo Mage::helper('persistent')->getCreateAccountUrl($this->getCreateAccountUrl()) ?>';"><span><span><?php echo $this->__('Create an Account') ?></span></span></button>
</div>
</div>

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Re: Create an account option

Morning muk_t and thanks for your response.

I don't understand your response.  I really have no clue when it comes to computers and am learning Magento completely by trail and error.

Does your response come in simpler terms, for example is there somewhere in Magento that I need to change/click to have the box removed from the log in screen so people don't think they can create accounts themselves.

I really don't want to sound ungrateful and I am certain your answer would work but I don't understand.

Thanks again for your response and help thus far.

Craig