cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Front page block information

Editing Front page block information

I am trying to edit the default pictures in magento 1.9.2  on the front page in the left and right block.  I had figured out how to change a picture by using the name of the image and uploading a  new one, however, I wanted to add more images below their default ones but I do not know where the information is located in magento folders.  In default install when you click on left callout it takes you to shopping cart, but I want to change this information.

Can someone please tell me where to edit the front page?  I know there is a file somewhere with the code but I do not know where.

Thank you in advance,

Steven

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Editing Front page block information

Hi @sssteven4,

For your requirement you need to create a new block for adding the custom information. Please check this link out: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13082252/how-can-add-staic-block-to-sidebar-in-magento

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

I sort of understand that, there must be current code that shows the sidebars that come with magento, but what I need to know is where and what is the file that is currently being used to show the code?  I would edit that or use some of current structure, but I have no idea where the current information is.

I am not a programmer or even smart when it comes to editing, so I need more help than most.

Thank you,

Steven

Its not a programming question, you don't have to write a single line of code for that. learn how to ues widget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Qufhntff4

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/25507/how-do-i-add-a-block-on-the-home-page-above-the-con...

basicly you just need to create a static block, use the online edit button to upload image and insert to the block, then use widget to insert this block to specific page -> homepage -> left or right column

Thank you for your help I will watch the video.  But when you say "insert" a block image, my question is where am I inserting that information to?

Thanks again,

Steven

What i understood is you want to change the default image given in the left sidebar and also want to insert more images

Please copy file left_col.phtml Located in the App > Design > Front End > Base > Default > Template > callouts  and copy to your theme path say   App > Design > Front End > Default > Your_THEME > Template > callouts. You will find default image in that file so you can change the same. Also If you want to Add more image there are 2 options 

1) Add the Static Block Below it OR 2) Just add the images directly there in phtml file

Regards,
Opal Infotech,
www.webmasterindia.com

Thank you for your help, that was the answer I was looking for.

Steven

I am in need of help again on this subject matter. I am using 1.9.2.4 and I am trying to change the pictures on the front page from their defauts. I have done this on 3 other websites I have but maybe when my last upgrade they were changed back to the defaults.

Anyway, before all I had to do was change the pictures in the  /public_html/skin/frontend/default/default/images/media/ folder and my new images came up. 

But now when I do that it does not work, the default images show up. 
I then was looking at help and I see in another folder  /public_html/app/design/frontend/base/default/template/callouts/

there is the callout left and right images, but they are "phtml" formatting and I do not know how to make an image in that format, or have a program that does{ I think}.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Steven