cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Not Sending After Changing Hosting (Magento 1.7.x)

Emails Not Sending After Changing Hosting (Magento 1.7.x)

Hello,

I have searched similar posts on here but cannot find the answer. I changed hosting packages wtih GoDaddy (shared to dedicated) and in the process they deleted my entire site. Once I finally got it restored and running, I noticed that none of the emails are being sent from the system (contant, order, sign ups, etc.).

Is there some place I should be checking?

4 REPLIES 4

How To Create CRON Email

Hello,

I understand that the latest version of Magento now requires a CRON job to be setup in order to send out emails. I am hosted with GoDaddy and setup the CRON job in the cPanel but my Magento site is still not sending emails. Any idea why this may be happening?

I also tried executing the cron.php file directly in a browser window, but I still have not received anything.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Re: Emails Not Sending After Changing Hosting (Magento 1.7.x)

NOTE: I've merged your two topics into one.

Newer Magento versions require the Cron Job to be setup before email will be sent. However, this doesn't apply to Magento 1.7.x. 

Have you checked with your hosting provider on whether this is something on their end? 

maybe your hosting turn off the mail "open relay" or have try alternative way like use SMTPPRO ? http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/smtp-pro-email-free-custom-smtp-email.html

I assume you're running a linux server. Make sure that sendmail is running. If it isn't, then make sure that the server has a valid hostname. Sendmail fails to start if the hostname is something like "magentoserver" instead of "magentoserver.hostname.com". You can check what the hostname is by just running the hostname command in a shell.