cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Customization to integrate with Java Code

SOLVED

Magento Customization to integrate with Java Code

Hi,

I have a requirement to call a Java code from Magento. Are there any in built API's in magento to do that or should we customize the PHP code to directly call the Java code.

Please guide me.

Thanks,

Ravi Teja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento Customization to integrate with Java Code

Hi,

I really hope you don't need to exec() to call your Java code! On a recent integration with a customer's Java back-office we wrapped the Java application in a small servlet-based HTTP API and called it from Magento using Varien_Http_Client - this will remove the time taken for your application to bootstrap itself. You will need to discuss the options with your Java developers, however.

I hope that helps,

Aaron

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iweb.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

No built in API for this, you can create custom php code and run java application with exec()

Hi,

I really hope you don't need to exec() to call your Java code! On a recent integration with a customer's Java back-office we wrapped the Java application in a small servlet-based HTTP API and called it from Magento using Varien_Http_Client - this will remove the time taken for your application to bootstrap itself. You will need to discuss the options with your Java developers, however.

I hope that helps,

Aaron

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iweb.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner