cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order confirmation email not sending

Order confirmation email not sending

Hi,

When someone places an order, it doesnt send an order confirmation email. How to fix this. It is possibe to send a manual invoice to the customer though

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Order confirmation email not sending

did you set email in system -> configuration -> sales email -> order -> send copy of order to email?

Yes I have, but nothing happens

You can download generated invoice PDF and send to customers manually before you get this fixed.

Does the server send out other emails like welcome emails and order emails?

Hi,

What version of Magento are you running? Since version 1.9.1 all emails like order confirmation are sent via cron so the most common issue is this isn't running causing no emails to be sent.

You can read more about it here - http://www.aschroder.com/2015/01/sending-emails-by-queue-in-magento-1-9-1/

Hope this helps,

Ben Staveley

Hi all ,

I am facing same issue and i'm using Magento 2.1.6 .Each admin setting for email is set.

If only order confirmation not send then it is issue of version , Since version 1.9.1 order confirmation confirmation set in queue and sent via cron so the most common issue is this isn't running causing no emails to be sent.

Elsner Technologies

Hi,

First, you have to install a module on your store to send an email and then configure it. One is SMTP Pro. It is the best free, open source SMTP solution for Magento. It gives merchants complete control of custom SMTP server settings for sending magento emails and includes pre-configuration for popular services such as gmail and google apps.

You can download it from the below link

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/smtp-pro-email-free-custom-smtp-email.html