cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ratings data on category pages are not accurate

Ratings data on category pages are not accurate

Hey all,

I have a problem with a Magento 1.9 site. The ratings are not showing up for some of the products, even though they show up on the product detail page itself. Also, the number of reviews for the same product is not the same as number of reviews on the product page. For example, a product page displays 12 reviews with average star ratings, but on product listing page (or categories) only 2 reviews show up, without any stars. I checked the template files in review directory and "$this->getRatingSummary()" that pulls the stars exist on both summary.phtml, and summary-short.phtml. What could cause this, and why there's inconsitency between product listing page, and product detail page?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Ratings data on category pages are not accurate

You can try this: add a review through the admin panel and save it, then update indexes (not cache). As a result, the reviews data should also get updated.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Hey thanks. Clearing index was the firs thing we did, but there are inconsistency of data between product page, and list page. 

Just to clarify a bit more, $this->getReviewsCount()) returns 4 on product detail page, and returns 1 in product listing page (for the same product)