cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to generate the sitemap

Unable to generate the sitemap

Good day everyone,

I just noticed that my sitemap is no longer generating for my 2 sites. 

When I click on generate, I get an error of "Unable to generate the sitemap". For my 1st domain, the file is set to write to public_html/sitemap.xml and the 2nd domain goes to public_html/sitemap/sitemap.xml

Anyone have an idea what's going on? It's generating files, but the files have an error of: 

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 2 at column 90944: Extra content at the end of the document

Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Unable to generate the sitemap

I'm also facing same problem . When i hit in generate "Unable to generate sitemap" error appears. Same files work before. Don't know what happened. Here is the link hydroponic & gardening supplies shop canada

I have also just noticed this error. I am using CE 1.9.2.0 and the last sitemap was generated on 06/19/2015

Still got no solution. Anybody can help?

Hi,

Not a solution.. but this will help us point you in the right direction and see what is actually causing that error.

Open the file:

app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/controllers/SitemapController.php

Find the line:

$this->_getSession()->addException($e,
                    Mage::helper('sitemap')->__('Unable to generate the sitemap.'));

And replace it with:

$this->_getSession()->addException($e,
                    $e->getMessage());

Then try running the sitemap again; this time (hopefully) it should show you the actual error on the output... once you've got that (if its not obvious what the error is) - paste it back in here and we should be able to help better.

Good luck!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

I have the same problem, i.e. I am unable to create the Google Sitemap with the internal Magento functionality to do that. When I call it from the admin menu "Catalog -> Google Sitemap -> Generate" it just creates a few  lines for some of the categories, runs for some 115 seconds, but the execution then stops with the error message and the XML file is incomplete.

I followed your instructions to get a more descriptive error message, and this is the result now:

"SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2013 Lost connection to MySQL server during query"

I tried to investigate potential reasons for this, there seem to be several. The most promising was the hint that this could be a simple PHP memory limit issue. Another site suggested dumping the MySQL database as it is supposed to do some "voodoo", but I think we cannot do this on our server. Tried to inspect several log files too. I found some other error "Serialization failure 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock" in the exception.log but I'm not really sure if it is related to this problem. Checked the database tables' status as well. So far nothing has helped.

Our shop has a lot of products (5580 entries) and the problem is that we are currently not really running on a dedicated server (yet), so the available options are limited.

I am really stuck with this problem right now. Do you have any further suggestions?

I woudln't consider 5580 a lot of products.. however the lost connection error is almost certainly hosting related. You should consult you host to see what they advise for this - or; it might be time to move to a different host!

Regards,

Andrew

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi Andrew,

thank you for your quick reply. Your answer corresponds to this post from another forum:

http://forum.azmagento.com/how-to/error-sqlstate-hy000-general-error-2013-lost-connection-to-mysql-s...

We will contact the host and report back.

All the best,

Oliver

I got this error "SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'goodguy5_magento.magentothem_blog' doesn't exist"

hello

I also stopped generated sitemap. Put the code as here Recommend, gives this error:

• SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'e.entity_id' in 'on clause'