cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error While Uploading Downloadable Products

SOLVED

Error While Uploading Downloadable Products

I am using Magento Ver 1.8.0, I tried to add Downloadable Products. But when I try to add the file (Sample and File) in Downloadable Information it stops me to upload those file, with an Error Message "Upload HTTP Error" and "Upload I/O Error".

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error While Uploading Downloadable Products

Problem Solved. I got the solution in php.ini file, just increased the size pf "post_max_size".

Thanks to all for your support.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Have you check that your media and var magento folders ahs write permissions?

Those errors are not typical of permission issues.

Is your site running a SSL?

Freelance Web Developer - Graphic Designer - SEO Analyst
Conor Rhys Tomkins

As of now I am working on localhost, I thoight it might be because of SSL issue, but my concerned was if I didn't get that problem while adding simple products then why I got the this problem whicle adding downloading products.

Here, I want to ask one more thing, can I do it like I will give users the option to download the product for free but when they install that it ask for the key for activation and they have to purchase the product then.

Regards,

Arvind

As of now I am working on localhost, I thought it might be because of SSL issue, but my concerned was if I didn't get that problem while adding simple products then why I got the this problem whicle adding downloading products.

Here, I want to ask one more thing, can I do it like I will give users the option to download the product for free but when they install that it ask for the key for activation and they have to purchase the product then.

Regards,

Arvind

Hello,

What product is it you are selling?

The functionality of activation codes must be built in to the software that you are selling, this cannot be handled by Magento.

If you are allowing free download of the software Magento cannot restrict use once it has been downloaded from your server.

But you can offer the product as a free downloadable product and then have a license as a download product that issues a activation code?

This all depends on what software you are actually selling.

Kind Regards

Conor Rhys Tomkins

Thank you for the support. Well I'll sell both hard shipped products as well as software which will be downloaded. 

What are the downloadable products?

You could offer the downloadable products in a password secured Zip file and sell the password via the license product?

Just an idea, maybe not the best way to go about it.

Anyone else want to step in?

Conor Rhys Tomkins

It will be softwares. Password secured zip file is a good option, will consider it.

Regards,

Arvind

Hi,

As I mentioned in my previous messages I am working on localhost, then how can I add the downloadable products.

Regards,

Arvind