cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fetch images saved on computer and upload them via spreadsheet

How to fetch images saved on computer and upload them via spreadsheet

I have saves my images in a folder saved with in drop box. All images saved by their name( small. medium and thumbnail)

I am importing a file to upload products on to my store. I have files for images ( like base, small and thumbnail) .

What would be image path on the spreadsheet so they can be uploaded on to store without any issue.

I tried to upload one image but received an error message which I am guessing was due to invalid image path.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to fetch images saved on computer and upload them via spreadsheet

Hello @FAMILYCART 

First of all tell me, which import method you are using? There are 2 methods to import the products in to the magento store.

1. Import / Export

2. Import/Export with data profile.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

@FAMILYCART 

Hi.

In Magento Images import works in this way. You need to place your image to media/import folder

Then in your import file you need in front of each product put image name with slash like - /imagename.jpg
Place images in different columns for small, base, thumbnail like I have here -

After that run import.

Let us know how it goes.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Thank you for response.

The screen shot helps.

Currently I have images saved in dropbox. I am very new to it. How do i save images in  media/import folder. Can you please provide me steps to create a media/import folder.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a good day.

Copy the images from your dropbox. 

Log in to your site via FTP using any FTP client like FleZilla or Total Commander or any you use. 

Find 'media' folder there  and in this folder should be 'import' folder. 

media

If there is no media/import directory, create it with all the permissions (777 or 755 depending on configuration)

After that copy our images from dropbox to your 'import' folder that is under folder 'media' at your server. 

Next you need to modify your file in the way I described above. and run import.

Let me know if you need any point to be clarified. 

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Hello,

You will  need to download all the images and upload it in the media/ import folder. If you don't know FTP you can access the cpanel. If there is no folder named import in your media folder create new, and upload all the images there. Then as shown in screenshot above, make changes in csv and give name of image like /image.jpg (image extension could be jpg,png).

Try to import then.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now