cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot save products - please wait

Cannot save products - please wait

For some reason I cannot save a product. C.E ver 1.7.0.2

I just get "please wait" forever! I looked in the system error log;

2015-08-21T01:52:15+00:00 ERR (3): Strict Notice: Declaration of Uni_Fileuploader_Block_Adminhtml_Fileuploader_Edit_Tab_Productfile::getRowUrl() should be compatible with Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid::getRowUrl($item)  in /home/paulins/public_html/staging/app/code/community/Uni/Fileuploader/Block/Adminhtml/Fileuploader/Edit/Tab/Productfile.php on line 9
2015-08-23T22:21:25+00:00 ERR (3): Strict Notice: Declaration of Uni_Fileuploader_Block_Adminhtml_Fileuploader_Edit_Tab_Productfile::getRowUrl() should be compatible with Mage_Adminhtml_Block_Widget_Grid::getRowUrl($item)  in /home/paulins/public_html/staging/app/code/community/Uni/Fileuploader/Block/Adminhtml/Fileuploader/Edit/Tab/Productfile.php on line 9

Now I had this error last week, and seemed to fix it by replacing the productfile.php from backup. It was working after that. The productfile.php has not been modified since then. The site seems to be functioning normally apart from that.

I'm no programmer - can someone explain please what I should do next?

I'd appreciate any help.

Thx

Matt

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cannot save products - please wait

OK, further investigation. Seems it was ONE product I could not save. Deleted it on the staging site, recreated ok. Still no idea what caused it, and the error message remains... but not urgent now...

Theese errors are usually caused by the extension that is not fully tested with Magento. Even if this is a popular extension you are using, you should pass the errors to the developer so they may fix so this would not appear.

The only issue with that is that I have not added any new extensions. The error seemed to occur without any system changes at all. I have tried to copy an attribute set that works, then use an attribute that works as well - no go. It seems that I cannot currenlty create a new attribute set. The ones that work are fine, but at this point I cannot make a new attribute set that functions. As I said above, they appear to work, and the product options are listed in the product, the correct price change is displayed, but it is not added to the price when that option is selected. The product qty stays at 0, and the checkout button does not work.

I currenlty suspect a database issue. I'll be working on it again today...

Thanks for your interest. Matt

Hello!

I am also experiencing a problem with saving product info - i save, everything seems to be ok but when i refresh i am back to pre-save conditions. Flushed caches like 10 times, no luck! No changes to the system were made in the last couple of days since i started experiencing the problem.HELP! 

Thank you!