cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout Error: Please enter a valid credit card verification number

Checkout Error: Please enter a valid credit card verification number

Having issues with the Magento Checkout getting this error when entering CCV off of credit card. Had multiple accounts try with multiple cards same error. Currently I have to disable the CCV to push the order through then I have to contact the customer just to verify the CCV in order to proceed. Does anyone have any idea on how to resolve this? I am using the default Magento onepage checkout. No other known extensions that would interfere. Any help would be appreciated ASAP!

Web Developer/Marketing Expert
15 REPLIES 15

Re: Checkout Error: Please enter a valid credit card verification number

Please explain, "This Error" if possible attach a image showing only the error section. (no website details needed here)

Are you using "Saved CC" ?

Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

The Error

Click the link to view the error. We have verified multiple CCV numbers and it still comes up with same error. We have to have request Card Security Code disabled in order for any orders to go through. Yes using the Credit Card save

This error is generated by javascript validation of CCV.

Try to remove class="required-entry" from CCV using Firebug and try.

Probably an error in theme coding.

My Magento 1x Shop

What I did was disabled the CCV requirement in the backend which works when the customer doesn't have to enter the validation number. I am not sure if that is the same procedure from removing the code in Firebug. The problem is we will have to contact the customer to complete the order. It's not a huge deal since we contact the customer at this point to calculate shipping costs and validate address, etc. but would still like to get this resolved.

No! its not the same.

When you remove validation using Firebug, You will still have the CVV Filed to enter a value. By doing this we can make sure it is issue with Javascript Validation of CCV

My Magento 1x Shop

Okay..how do I do this with Firebug never messed with this extension before? Do I just open it up and delete it out of the code? How do I test?

Okay, I think I figured it out. I removed the requirement but after putting in the Validation number I am still getting the same error message.

pm me a login for front end for your shop.

My Magento 1x Shop

ill PM you now