cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change default PayPal Image at Checkout with PayPal Express and PayPal Standard

How to change default PayPal Image at Checkout with PayPal Express and PayPal Standard

I have tried everything to change the PayPal image at checkout in magento 1.9.1 CE. We set up PayPal standard which also enables PayPal Express. We are not using any of the premium products from PayPal, just standard. Apparently you can only change that image if you have one of their premium services, payflow pro, etc.

We want to switch the image to a credit card Paypal image. Our customers don't know we can take any credit card though PayPal.

I tried editing:

mark.phmtl, shortcut.phmtl and logo,phmtl. No luck, still shows default logo.

Thanks for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: How to change default PayPal Image at Checkout with PayPal Express and PayPal Standard

I assume you did something similar to:
http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/37424/edit-paypal-button-to-show-that-credit-cards-are-ac...

Are you editing the right/active theme file? Did you clear Magento cache afterwards? Are you using a Full Page Cache like Lesti? Are your images called via a CDN (if so and image name same may need to purge)?

Re: How to change default PayPal Image at Checkout with PayPal Express and PayPal Standard

Hi! Thanks for the reply.  Yes I followed the steps exactly as outlined. I have tried this six or seven times.  Yes I have the files in the right theme directory.  No matter what I do it still pulls the img src from PayPal itself.  I replaced img source with a local png file in mark.phtml.  I must be editing the file wrong.  So far I tried a variety of files i.e., mark.phtml, shorcut.phtml, paypal.phtml, link.phtml, logo.phtml.  This site is using a one-page checkout. I must be changing the wrong file?
I cleaned the cache everytime. No CDN all images on host. 
@robfico wrote:

I assume you did something similar to:
http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/37424/edit-paypal-button-to-show-that-credit-cards-are-ac...

Are you editing the right/active theme file? Did you clear Magento cache afterwards? Are you using a Full Page Cache like Lesti? Are your images called via a CDN (if so and image name same may need to purge)?