cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Editor Not Showing in Page Views

Magento Editor Not Showing in Page Views

I am working with 3 websites of magento 1.9.1.1 and 1 works the other 2 do not show any of the editing functions when on the content page.  

The show/hide editor doesn't change it only works in html so you cannot tell what is written on the page.

I just installed clean copies of the program so I cannot understand where all the functions have gone.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you,

Steven

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Magento Editor Not Showing in Page Views

Try different browsers?
Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

Yes, I have tried chrome and IE on different computers and the same thing happens.

I have 4 editions of magento running, and on 3 the editing functions work.  I tried using different browser and computer and it helped with 2 of the sites, but the 3rd one doesn't want to work.    This is a brand new install of 1.9.1.1 and there were no issues during installation.

Thank you,

Steven

Same server? If yes, im not sure what to suggest.

i'm very interested to have a look at this issue myself. :-)
Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

Hi All,

I have just commenced hosting a Magento ver. 1.8.1.0 store for a client of mine.  

Since I migrated the site to my server I have had nothing but issues.  The latest issue is that the Wysiwyg editor is not displaying correctly which is stressing my client out no end.

SO the weirdest thing of all is that I have tested the backend on my Mac in Safari (works), firefox (works sometimes), IE (works), Chrome (doesn't work) - basically the button is there and when you click on it the editor window pops up but there are no editing icons appearing.  I am in NZ.

My client is in australia (melbourne) and they can't get the magento backend to display properly in any of the browsers.

Please help me figure this out - how can the site display correctly on 3 out of 4 browsers for me and yet 0 out of 4 browsers for him.  I have suggested if it works for me then it must be a local issue with his browser settings - not well received!  He states he has tried it on different machines in different locations and nothing is working in Australia.

So are their regional settings that can influence the function of the admin system?

Any one who knows how to fix this would be a legend.

He believes the site became dysfunctional only after I had someone clone the site under a new URL - could that have anything to do with the corruption of the Wysiwyg menus?

Please I am desperate for help.

Thanks in advance