cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying critical security patch - Safe now?

Re: Applying critical security patch - Safe now?

@kevin_jordan

No need to go through that bother of reverting and reapplying, things will probably stuff up on you.

Since you successfully applied the patches the first time around just follow through with the below.

1. Recompile

2. Flush cache

3. Flush opcode cache

If you don't know what step 3 is, you probably aren't running one.

I've done 1 and 2 several times.  Step 3 doesn't apply since I'm not running PHP-FPM.

"I've done 1 and 2 several times.  Step 3 doesn't apply since I'm not running PHP-FPM."

Having the same problem here!

What happens if you just disable the compiler? Leave it disable, clear cache and test? Does it work?

Another way, although its not as pretty, it's simply to take the "patched class" and move it to the includes/src directory. If the unpatched file is there, simply replace it. Now when using the compliter Magento merges some classes together so be weary of those.

If you need more assitance feel free to reach out to me. Just patched a few more sites and everything is good.

That didn't seem to help.  I'm not sure which patched class needs to be replaced in includes/src.  There appears to be only 2 files from the patch that are in there and a diff says they're identical.

So what happens to the store when you disable the compiler? I am very confused what's happening to it 

The compiler combine some php  clasees in files to optimized version. Its like cache but for php code.

It store its inside include folder. When you disable it then magento use files from app/code

Thanks

Hi @netatwork thanks for the information although I don't see how is that relevant to this issue. I might have phrased my question the wrong way, I mean, if the compiler is disabled, do the issues still keep happening?

Hi, that's what we are trying to get to so we can mark this question as resolved :-)