cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9.1 issue

Magento 1.9.1 issue

Hello after upgrade 1.9.0.1 to 1.9.1 i m getting problem with forgot password its showing place page after submit.. if we use any wrong email its work fine if any email related account page goes blank. nothing happened..

Error is :- Call to a member function setMessageBody() on a non-object in /public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Email/Template.php on line 410

can someone can help??? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Magento 1.9.1 issue

Have you made any modifications to your core Magento files before the upgrade?  One of the reasons that is considered against best practices is because subsequent updates may attempt to call functions that may have been changed.  If you haven't there may be another reason why this is popping up.

There are a few big updates in the way email is handled in 1.9.1 compared to all previous versions, so there's been a lot of reports of problems in these areas recently.

Could you try the following steps to help troubleshoot?

1.  Enable Logging (if not already enabled) in System > Configuration Menu, Developer Tab > Log Settings : Enabled = Yes

2. Add   Mage::log($emailQueue); just before line no. 410 in Template.php

3. Check your var/logs/system.log for the value of$emailQueue and also see if there's anything that looks like it might be related in the exception.log file in the same directory?  Also, are there any other errors in the system log before or after this one that might appear related?

StackOverflow has another report of the same error

So does the Magento StackExchange site

There haven't been any posted solutions yet, unfortunately, so update this thread with whatever you find and we'll see if we can't work it out.

------------------------
Bryan "BJ" Hoffpauir - Contact me on my Blog!

Contact me at work via AOE - the open web company online!

I just prefer to put the solution here which I found from stackexchange.

just change this

if ($this->hasQueue() && $this->getQueue() instanceof Mage_Core_Model_Email_Queue) {

to

if (false) {

work for order, and register

To be fair this is NOT a solution - it is a work-around.  It may work for your situation, but what you've basically done is intentionally disable the functionality of Magento's queue-based email system introduced in 1.9.1

Again, this may work for your specific site, but I wouldn't suggest implementing a workaround unless you can't get the official functionality to work - you may be masking a deeper problem with your configuration.  

------------------------
Bryan "BJ" Hoffpauir - Contact me on my Blog!

Contact me at work via AOE - the open web company online!