cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Agreements (Purchase Orders) PROBLEM

SOLVED

Billing Agreements (Purchase Orders) PROBLEM

We have some customers who we wish to have set up to have a Net 30 account/payment agreement with us via the 'purchase order' payment method. The problem we're having is that when you enable purchase orders under system > configuration > payment methods, only one option alone then pops up under New Order Status, which is Pending. Having only 'pending' as an option automatically prevents us from being able to ship their order out until we have received payment for it. When we set up Net 30 terms with someone though, that customer has already provided us with credit references and the whole nine yards, meaning that we invoice them for remittance of payment only AFTER the product has shipped out to them, something that Magento is just not allowing us to do, unless we lie to it and tell it that the customer in question has ALREADY PAID for their order, when in fact they have 30 days to remit payment before it's overdue.

Is there any way of adding other options to the New Order Status dropdown menu BESIDES 'Pending'??     Smiley FrustratedMan Frustrated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Billing Agreements (Purchase Orders) PROBLEM

"Net 30 Terms" is not Magento default module, it's either 3rd party or custom module - in which case you should reach to the vendor who provides support for your module.

If there is no way to select the other option in System -> Configuration -> Payment modules, then it should be allowed programmatically, where I'm not able to help since I don't have access to your code.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

"Net 30 Terms" is not Magento default module, it's either 3rd party or custom module - in which case you should reach to the vendor who provides support for your module.

If there is no way to select the other option in System -> Configuration -> Payment modules, then it should be allowed programmatically, where I'm not able to help since I don't have access to your code.

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Sinisa wrote:

So just to clarify, Magento by default doesn't offer anything else other than 'pending' as an option, and if I wish to set up some of my customers with a net 30 account, I'll need to go with a 3rd party extension module to do it, yes? Something like this:

https://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/purchase-order-management.html