cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Default "On Hold" Status Email Template?

Change Default "On Hold" Status Email Template?

I would like to switch the default email template used for "On Hold" orders to a new template that I have created and it does not appear that is an option in the backoffice.  Could someone possibly let me know what I'd need to do to make that happen?  I'd also like to send that email automatically when the order status is changed to "On Hold".

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Change Default "On Hold" Status Email Template?

@TenGaugeMagento does not comes with the functionality where you can send automated email on the change of order statuses. There few default email templates are configured and triggered when an order received, Invoiced, Shipped and Credit is issued.

If you want to send automated email other than this event you need to customize your Magento and buy an extension from the Market place to achieve the same.

Problem solved? Give Kudos and Accept as Solution.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

If you mean order comment email template. Then you can change it in Stores -> Configuration -> Sales -> Sales Emails -> Under Order Comments you can change templates. 

If I place an order to status "On Hold" I'd like for the Send Email function to send a custom email.  Can I change the default "On Hold" email template manually in the file system somehow to reflect what message I want to be conveyed to the customer?