cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set default store view in admin's product list to be different that in frontend?

How to set default store view in admin's product list to be different that in frontend?

Is there a way to set the default store view for admin's product list to be different than the default of the frontend? We have a client who's native language is English. We are building a site for Chinese markets and we need to set the default front end store view to be the Chinese store view. If we set Chinese store view to be the default one, the product list in admin is Chinese and our client's staff does not understand it and it becomes very difficult to manage products.

In Magento 1 there was a possibility to select the store view at the top of admin's product list. In Magento 2 there is no such option.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to set default store view in admin's product list to be different that in frontend?

Hi @Kunzi,

I've tried and it's possible.

My default configuration:

01.png

The I've changed the scope to my default store view.

02.png

And now I made the configuration change.

03.png

Is this working for you?

I've changed back to default scope and configuration was right too.

Re: How to set default store view in admin's product list to be different that in frontend?

Hi @Damian Culotta,

The solution you offered is only about the translations of Magento strings, but what I mean is product data like product name etc. If we have set up Chinese store view as default (in Stores -> Settings -> All Stores) and we have the product names in Chinese for that store view, the product list in admin has the product names in Chinese and staff can't understand them.

@Kunzi,

Maybe I've missunderstood when you said: "In Magento 1 there was a possibility to select the store view at the top of admin's product list. In Magento 2 there is no such option."

How many store views do you have currently?

@Damian Culotta

This was actually my mistake it appears. Setting a filter for the product list to filter products for certain store view lists the products with data (like product name) saved for that store view. 

Problem solved and I can have default store view set as Chinese and staff can then just use the filter to show the English names for products. I had missed that completely. Thanks @Damian Culotta, talking of problems always helps Smiley Happy

still not change cuz I shoes Locale Arabic , in site the Default English how I fixed this problem!