cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 1.9 Edit Attribute issue - Unique values

SOLVED

Magento 1.9 Edit Attribute issue - Unique values

I'm trying to edit the attribute "description" in the Admin panel. I need the "unique value required" to be set as "no". However the current setting is set as YES and grayed out so I cannot change it.

Is there some way that I can change this so that the "description" attribute does not have to be a unique value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 1.9 Edit Attribute issue - Unique values

@Tarandeep Singh wrote:

@sunhochoiNormally or out of the box it is not unique. Someone may have does it via database. You would have to do the same. I am not sure if you are a developer. If you are you can inspect the element and edit the value to 'Yes' selected and save the attribute. This should resolve your issue. If you cannot achieve it by updating via inspect element then you would have to do it via setting the flag in database directly.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Thank you.  I am not a developer, but know just enough to break things!  I got this explanation on a different forum, which I am assuming is similar to your answer but easier to understand for someone like me.    Thanks for your help!  Problem solved!

"if you want to change this field to yes you can check the table eav_attribute attribte_id is 72 for description there is a field is_unique you can change there or you can change using php script"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@sunhochoiNormally or out of the box it is not unique. Someone may have does it via database. You would have to do the same. I am not sure if you are a developer. If you are you can inspect the element and edit the value to 'Yes' selected and save the attribute. This should resolve your issue. If you cannot achieve it by updating via inspect element then you would have to do it via setting the flag in database directly.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

@Tarandeep Singh wrote:

Thank you.  I am not a developer, but know just enough to break things!  I got this explanation on a different forum, which I am assuming is similar to your answer but easier to understand for someone like me.    Thanks for your help!  Problem solved!

"if you want to change this field to yes you can check the table eav_attribute attribte_id is 72 for description there is a field is_unique you can change there or you can change using php script"