cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! best way to create clone for magento2 to work on testing environment

Need Help! best way to create clone for magento2 to work on testing environment

Hello Magento Family, Hope you are doing well,i have to do the work to improve magento 2.1 enterprise, i want to know the best way to clone the store and create testing/working environment where i can develop and update things confidently and later deploy on live website. i have domain and hosting to meet the specs of magento enterprise to create clone, i do also have wamp and xamp server, local database etc. i just want to know the best way to do this, please explain me how to get the copy of 2.1 magento system, best way to get backup zip file, setup either on local or live testing server to clone the site so that i can develop further things on testing environment Urgently required help, please advise

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Need Help! best way to create clone for magento2 to work on testing environment

Hi @Akif,

This is the kind of question that hasn't a maginc answer that fits on every scenario.

In your case, I guess the base approach is to use somne VCS like Git (I use Bitbucket and Github mostly) so you will have all your code into your repository.

Now you can clone the project into your LIVE, TEST and/or DEV server. Also, you will be able to clone the project on your local environment too.

There are some discussions about which files should be added or ignored into the repository (for example, the /vendor directory or the app/etc/config.php file). I will recommend you to read about it and choose the approach taht works better for you.

Once you have all your environments ready you should be able to work locally and push your changes to the repository.

Then you can pull those changes on the desired server.

As you can imagine, these are the very first steps.

(my 2 cents)

Re: Need Help! best way to create clone for magento2 to work on testing environment

Hi, 

I have cloned a GitHub repository to my local Xamp server and have also imported the database. However, I do not have an env.php file in app/etc. Now when I try to browse the website it says " Vendor autoload not found". Then I ran the composer install provided the authentication as well after a few steps the installation asks for authentication for a third party extension which is guess is included in my code. Is there any way to resolve this and get the website working on my local? Any help would be much appreciated, Thanks.

Hi @prashantsi69f6,

Magento's Github repository is intended for Development and bug fixing (of the platform, not your project).

You should install Magento using Composer (that's the best way for sure).

Then, the env.php file and those 3rd-party modules credentials should be provided by your client or project manager.