cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New attribute in attribute sets for old products

SOLVED

New attribute in attribute sets for old products

When I add new attribute to attibute set (like 'second color') I see it when i add new product with that set of attributes, but in old products I don't see it in "Associated Products" -> "Quick simple product creation".

How I can solve that problem?

We use Magento 1.9.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New attribute in attribute sets for old products

"Quick simple product creation" displays the super attributes used when you created the configurable product. You can't change the super attributes once the configurable product is created.

A customer requested me the same feature. He wants to add a configurable attribute to an existing configurable product. If you're interested, I can add the feature in my software

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: New attribute in attribute sets for old products

"Quick simple product creation" displays the super attributes used when you created the configurable product. You can't change the super attributes once the configurable product is created.

A customer requested me the same feature. He wants to add a configurable attribute to an existing configurable product. If you're interested, I can add the feature in my software

Maxime Coudreuse, developer of Product Manager for Magento: User-friendly product editor with customizable grid interface and category tree for Magento 1 and 2