cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to migrate from magento 2 to magento 1.9?

how to migrate from magento 2 to magento 1.9?

hi there, I was wondering how to export data products from magento 2 to magento 1.9?

I want to do this because in magento 2 there are not that much extension that can be used so I was forced to use magento 1.9 but I don't really know how to imports products from magento 2 to magento 1.9? 

any help would be appreciated though.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: how to migrate from magento 2 to magento 1.9?

Generally it is possible via export/export. Export goods from Magento 2 installation.

Before importing them to Magrento 1.9 store you need to perform a few things:

- Re-create in Magento 1.9 the and attribute sets with attributes as you had in Magento 2.

- Make sure that Magento 1.9 you have the same category structure as in Magento 2.

- Copy images from Magento 2 installation to media/import folder of your Magento 1.9.

- Since Magento 1 and Magento 2 databases have different structure, you might need to adjust the file to requirements of Magento 1 and then import it.

Some might advise to transfer data via backup/restore. But I would say that is definitely not recommended since these versions have different database structure.

Here is also an article with tips how to transfer data from one Magento to another -
https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/how-to/how-to-transfer-magento-data-from-one-store-to-an...

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.