cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Module not registering and causing CLI to fail

Module not registering and causing CLI to fail

Hi,

I am in the early stages of test developing a Magento 2 extension - and I am having problems with registration of the module.  The confusing thing is (I think) I am following the same method that previously resulted in successful registration of the module!  Also, the presence of my registration.php file is causing the Magento CLI to fail.

I am hoping somebody can spot an obvious error/issue in what I am doing - or, failing that, give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot the issue.

I am working in Magento 2.04 CE

The OS is CentOS

SELinux is set to permissive

I have placed the composer.json and registration.php files in the root directory of my module.  They reside in directory ../app/code/vendorname/modulename     I also have a module.xml file in the  ../app/code/vendorname/modulename/etc  directory.

Content of the composer.json:  

{

"name": “magemood/shareorder",

"description": "A Magento 2 module that shares orders with other applications",

"type": "magento2-module",

"version": "1.0.0",

"license": [

"OSL-3.0",

"AFL-3.0"

],

"require": {

"php": "~5.5.0|~5.6.0|~7.0.0",

"magento/framework": "~100.0.4"

},

"autoload": {

"psr-4": {“Magemood\\Shareorder\\": "" },

"files":["registration.php"]

}

}

The content of registration.php:

<?php

use \Magento\Framework\Component\ComponentRegistrar;

ComponentRegistrar::register(

ComponentRegistrar::MODULE,

'Magemood_Shareorder',

__DIR__

);

As well as not resulting in successful registration of the module, the presence of these files causes the Magento CLI to fall over. The output from running magento CLI with -v flag:

[Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotCreatedException]                                                                                    

An abstract factory could not create an instance of magentosetupconsolecommandmoduleuninstallcommand(alias: Magento\Setup\Console\Command\Mo 

duleUninstallCommand).                                                                                                                        

Exception trace:

() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:1135

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->createFromAbstractFactory() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:646

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->doCreate() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:598

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->create() at /var/www/magento2/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/CommandList.php:89

Magento\Setup\Console\CommandList->getCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:107

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->getApplicationCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:84

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->getDefaultCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:91

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->__construct() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:76

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->__construct() at /var/www/magento2/bin/magento:24

[Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotCreatedException]                                                           

An exception was raised while creating "Magento\Setup\Console\Command\ModuleUninstallCommand"; no instance returned 

Exception trace:

() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:946

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->createServiceViaCallback() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:1129

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->createFromAbstractFactory() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:646

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->doCreate() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:598

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->create() at /var/www/magento2/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/CommandList.php:89

Magento\Setup\Console\CommandList->getCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:107

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->getApplicationCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:84

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->getDefaultCommands() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:91

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->__construct() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:76

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->__construct() at /var/www/magento2/bin/magento:24

[Zend_Json_Exception]          

Decoding failed: Syntax error 

Exception trace:

() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Json.php:97

Zend_Json::decode() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Module/PackageInfo.php:85

Magento\Framework\Module\PackageInfo->load() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Module/PackageInfo.php:208

Magento\Framework\Module\PackageInfo->getRequire() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Module/DependencyChecker.php:132

Magento\Framework\Module\DependencyChecker->createGraph() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Module/DependencyChecker.php:53

Magento\Framework\Module\DependencyChecker->__construct() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/AbstractFactory.php:101

Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\AbstractFactory->createObject() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/Factory/Dynamic/Developer.php:89

Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\Factory\Dynamic\Developer->create() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/ObjectManager/ObjectManager.php:71

Magento\Framework\ObjectManager\ObjectManager->get() at /var/www/magento2/setup/src/Magento/Setup/Console/Command/ModuleUninstallCommand.php:140

Magento\Setup\Console\Command\ModuleUninstallCommand->__construct() at n/a:n/a

ReflectionClass->newInstanceArgs() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-di/src/Di.php:495

Zend\Di\Di->createInstanceViaConstructor() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-di/src/Di.php:298

Zend\Di\Di->newInstance() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-di/src/Di.php:247

Zend\Di\Di->get() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/Di/DiServiceFactory.php:103

Zend\ServiceManager\Di\DiServiceFactory->get() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/Di/DiAbstractServiceFactory.php:43

Zend\ServiceManager\Di\DiAbstractServiceFactory->createServiceWithName() at n/a:n/a

call_user_func() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:939

Zend\ServiceManager\ServiceManager->createServiceViaCallback() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/ServiceManager.php:1129

Also,  if I try running something like:    php bin/magento module:status -v

I get:  

[InvalidArgumentException]                                

There are no commands defined in the "module" namespace. 

Exception trace:

() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:501

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->findNamespace() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:535

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->find() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:192

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->doRun() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/magento/framework/Console/Cli.php:49

Magento\Framework\Console\Cli->doRun() at /var/www/magento2/vendor/symfony/console/Symfony/Component/Console/Application.php:126

Symfony\Component\Console\Application->run() at /var/www/magento2/bin/magento:25

Any help much appreciated...