cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strategic question on building Magento 1.x extensions

Strategic question on building Magento 1.x extensions

Hi guys,

Looking for a piece of advice regarding the migration from Magento 1.9x to Magento 2.0.

We just finalized an extension for Magento 1.9x which will be up in Marketplace in the incoming days. We started receiving feedback from potential partners that we should start focusing on developing the extension for Magento 2.0.

My thinking is: finalize the extension, test this out with clients who are still on Magento 1.x and based on market feeling start working towards Magento 2.0 starting 2019.

What would be your take on this?

We are a small company and need to think of the best ways to allocate resources and be effective.

Any support is highly appreciated.

Thank you!

Anca

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Strategic question on building Magento 1.x extensions

Hi @anca_sandu   (Anca)

Glad to know that your Magento 1.9 extension is finalized and very soon it will on marketplace.

As you pointed out that - You received feedback from potential partners that you should go with Magento 2 and develop extension for Magento 2 - Yes i agree with this , Nowdays lot of clients are migrating their store from Magento 1 to Magento 2.

Also Magento 2 have now almost two to three years - so its more stable and with additional functionalities as well - so as per my suggestion yes you need to go with Magento 2 and build some extension on Magento 2 - that will surely helps you 

Hope it helps 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

hi @Manthan Dave,

thank you so much for your reply. we keep receiving feedback on this point, especially as we are working towards building relationships with system integrators. So, Magento 2 is making its way towards our roadmap Smiley Happy

have a lovely day!

Anca

Hi @anca_sandu

Yes Anca - That's correct ! go ahead with Magento 2 - that will helps you for the same !

If you think answer is helpful , Accept as solution so other user gets helped 

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution