cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to come up with a name for a new extension?

What is the best way to come up with a name for a new extension?

If I want  to create a new extension, what's the best way to do so? Smiley Embarassed

1 REPLY 1

Re: What is the best way to come up with a name for a new extension?

If you are going to sell your extension, your extension name will affect how much your extension gets sold via Organic Search. So This is how I name my extension and which helps me a lot getting my extension found first by searchers than other extension.

Follow these steps and you will come up with a good product name which can help you increase selling/downloads:

1. You need to have an idea how your visitors are searching for the extension you have developed. Make a list of these keywords.
  2. Use google.com/sktool to get more suggestions of the keywords with which your product should be found. Add those keywords to the list you have prepared. You will also get the search volume from here which will indicate how many searching are being made for the keywords you have chosen. (you will also get current competition for the keyword which can also help you if you want to get on top quick.)
  3. Find search volume for the keywords you have in the Step 1st.
  4. If the product you have developed already developed by your competitors then you can find the keywords from the competitors' product pages.
  5. Prepare a final list of keywords and choose a product name based on the search volume and relevancy with your product.

Don't worry if it's taking time at first but you will get better choosing name for your extensions.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with this.

-------------
If this helps, Click Kudos & Accept as Solution