cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Alt Tags To Images

Add Alt Tags To Images

Is there an image library or a place I can manage all the images to add alt tags to them for SEO purposes?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Add Alt Tags To Images

Hi @brandon_leibowitz,

Isn't a feature of Magento but you will find several options at the Marketplace: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=image%20gallery#q=image%20gallery&idx=m2_clo...

This is a way to add an image gallery on your website, but I need a way to manage all the images on the back-end and ensure they have alt tags. How can this be done?

@brandon_leibowitz Are you looking common page to add products alt tags?

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

@GauravMehta04 yes is there a common place to view and edit all the images?

@brandon_leibowitz well not default but possible through custom module can enhance this functionality. let me know my team will help you in this 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

In Magento default theme, the alt tag is added to every image where images are called.

In Default Magento is possible :

With this code, you can add the Alt tag single product.

Go to Admin->Catalog->Manage Product

Open any product then go to the images tab

Now Just add a label for the images. This label will be taken as alt & title by Default Magento

For adding the Alt tag to all images you so you need to some custom code on that theme or custom modules in order to fix the issue.

Hi everyone 

Is the field in magento images an actual alt tag field or do we need to add some code in the background?

You can run an import profile to update all the image_label, thumbnail_label and small_image_label to every product image.