cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Magento 2 allow Multiple Suppliers for the same product

Can Magento 2 allow Multiple Suppliers for the same product

Hi,

I am looking around magento and thinking to start using it for my website. But I'd like to check if an option I have on my current website, can be applied to magento too.

I have products, which are the same, but from different suppliers. The product codes are different according to the supplier.

Lets say I have a two products which are the same but have different suppliers and different codes

1. item 1 code: 4040587
  2. item 2 code: 4005672

Now lets say that a client who already bought "item 1", now wants to buy another one, and he search the website by the item code in the search bar.

The problem is that right now Item 1 is out of stock and not available, so the client will get no results.

Currently in my website I have a field in the database, which I set all alternate product codes so when a visitor search with the code on the website and the search have no results (because the item with that particular code is not available) it will search for the alternate code and display the other alternate products if available.

Is something like this possible in magento?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can Magento 2 allow Multiple Suppliers for the same product

Hello @robertbits

There is no such direct feature in Magento. However, you can try the following:

- add a custom product attribute

- for an item item 1 code: 4040587 add the code of the item 2 to this attribute

- enable the feature to use your custom attribute in the site search

That should work for you.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

thanks for your reply.

I will test to do something similar and see what I manage to do.

thanks #Amasty

Hi @robertbits 

There is an extension from Scommerce Mage that incorporates this feature in your Magento 2 store. It allows you to add Item 2 as a substitute product for Item 1 so even if Item1 goes out of stock the frontend will always accept orders and display In stock unless and until even Item 2 goes out of stock. Customers will be able to place orders for Item 1 and they will be fulfilled with Item 2. You can check out their product page for further details:- https://www.scommerce-mage.com/magento2-substitute-products.html

Hope this helps, Thanks !!