cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we use magento for selling services with subscriptions?

Can we use magento for selling services with subscriptions?

Hi all,

I want to know if magento is applicable to sell services with subscriptions that customer can can edit/renew it?

Example: 

- Customer can buy a VM service with some specs (10 GB RAM) for 2 months, and he can control this later by upgrading/downgrading the RAM size 

Can magento do those issues?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Can we use magento for selling services with subscriptions?

Hi @mwaheed92,

Is not an out-of-the-box feature but you can take a look here: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=subscription#q=subscription%20&idx=m2_cloud_...

In the past there were a lot of examples (using 3rd-party modules or custom implementations) about that kind of options.

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Thank you for your reply,

Most of subscription extensions are for handling the payment and but the product periodically, My question is if magento can be configured or have a way to refine the product page to be a service subscription and after purchasing it, customer can check and edit it like buying a virtual machine with 10GB RAM then after 10 days he will open a page that has all his services and upgrade or downgrade RAM size based on his subscription

The idea is to track the products after purchasing 

Regards,

Hi @mwaheed92,

I can refer you the WHMCS this is one of the bridge for hosting purpose and it will enable your customers to subscribe add/edit/renew the purchased products so you can refer this link below

https://zapier.com/apps/magento/integrations/whmcs

Hope It will be helpful for you
If my solution is useful, give kudos and accept as solution
Best regards

Hi @mwaheed92,

I guess you could do it with some customization.

I didn't check all the modules at the marketplace but even with a module + some small customization you should be able to do it.

The most importnat part here will be the requirment analysis.

(my 2 cents)

Hi @madhuresan_ramanan

Thanks! I will consider it

@Damian Culotta

That's great, can I make all those customization with the enterprise edition? I hear that enterprise edition has some customization limitations, is that true?