cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot seem to locate any products on the homepage either for best sellers for tab products.

Cannot seem to locate any products on the homepage either for best sellers for tab products.

In magento at my home page i have added the the product block

{{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

{{block type="catalog/product_list" name="home.catalog.product.list" alias="products_homepage" category_id="2" template="catalog/product/list.phtml"}}

And i have added two products with different categories moreover included both the products into a default_category (id:2)

But still i am getting that message so how can i display the products on my home page. I have set the quantity to 5 and 15. Still i dont get those products.

Flushed cached and Re-Indexed them

Looking for help ? Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1

Re: Cannot seem to locate any products on the homepage either for best sellers for tab products.

@kamran12 Your syntax is correct but problem is you need to add permission for your block. After patch, SUPEE-6788, Magento includes a white list of allowed blocks or directives. 

You need to allowed blocks in System > Permissions > Blocks

Block Name - catalog/product_list

Status     - Allowed

For more info - https://magento.com/security/patches/supee-6788-technical-details

Cheers

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.