cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories, root Question

Categories, root Question

• I want 1 Main-store and different national stores (austria.store.com, germany.store.com,
  • All stores (Main and national stores) have 9 different languages
  • The vendors from a specific country can only add their products to that specific country (e.g. vendors from Austria can only add their products into the Austrian store = austria.store.com)
  • Only the Main-store contains all products from all vendors of all national stores
  • In the beginning there is only 1 Attribute-set “Honey”. Maybe we have to make different Attribute-sets (Tree Honey, Flower Honey, Mixed Honey and Others)?
  • The Categories are all the same in all stores. Categories: “Tree Honey”, “Flower Honey”, “Mixed Honey”  and “Others”.
  • Only the subcategories are different in the national stores (e.g. Austrian Store Category “Tree Honey” - Sub-categories: Austrian-region1, Austrian-region2, and so on. The German Store has other regions as Sub-category and so on)
  • The Mainstore has the same Categories, but the Sub-categories are the different Nations (eg. Category “Tree Honey” – Sub-category “Austria”, “Germany”, ”Cyprus”, and so on; Category “Flower Honey” - Sub-category “Austria”, “Germany”, ”Cyprus”, and so on)

Default Category
   +Tree Honey
         +AUSTRIA
                +Austrian Region1
                +Austrian Region2
                +
                +
         +GERMANY
                +German Region1
                +German Region2

So my Categories (and the Menue) in the Austrian Store would look like this

+ Default Category
   +Tree Honey
         +AUSTRIA (not visible)
                +Austrian Region1
                +Austrian Region2
                +
                +
         +all the other Countries (not visible)
   +Flower Honey
         +AUSTRIA (not visible)
                +Austrian Region1
                +Austrian Region2

And for the Main-Store like this:

+ Default Category
   +Tree Honey
         +AUSTRIA (visible)
                +Austrian Region1
                +Austrian Region2
                +
                +
         +all the other Countries (all visible)
   +Flower Honey
         +AUSTRIA (visible)
                +Austrian Region1
                +Austrian Region2
                +
How do i set the Cat.? Do i need more "root cat.?"Hope somebody can help me and cleaify my question.
THANK YOU!!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Categories, root Question

Hi @daniela_sch,

Probably mor ework will be needed but I guess you can have it with two approaches.

I guess the way vendors will upload the prodcuts will be relevant to choose the approach.

You will allow those vendors to use the Backend or how do you think that process will work?

If products are being uploaded always by you you can use a single tree and disable categories per website. But if vendores will be uploading products you will need some advanced permissions/restriction to allow only those vendors to upload products only into the assigned websites (and per wesbite, category tree too).

Maybe if you can answer the first question we can help to get a better answer.

Also, maybe checking the documentation again can help you to be sure about how to build and configure your store and catalog: https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

(my 2 cents)

Re: Categories, root Question

Hello, thanks for your reply. Yes the client can/will upload they're products by themself. i have the marketplace extensions from cedcommerce. so i will have one main website.

The question is now: can i do this with one tree or do i need more than one "root"? if you send me your mail address i will write you personal. thanks a lot

daniela